Bulldogs release Moses Suli

The Canterbury Bulldogs have released boom teenager Mosese Suli just a month after the 19-year-old was released early from his Wests Tigers contract to join the Bulldogs.

In a statement, the club said the decision had been mutual.

“Right from the start the Bulldogs were committed to giving Mosese every opportunity to fulfill his potential and become part of the Bulldogs,” said club CEO Andrew Hill.

“Unfortunately, Mosese has not been able to adapt to the high standards that Dean (coach Dean Pay) and the coaching staff have asked from all players and as such we think that it is in the best interests of both parties if we part ways.

“This is not the end for Mosese as a footballer and if he can regain the desire and drive to reach the standards required then I believe that he can still be successful. The club wishes him all the best going forward.”

Suli also said the time was right for a change.

“I think that it is right for me and the Bulldogs that I take some time away from the game to re-assess what the future holds for me,” Suli said in the statement.

“I want to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity that they have given me and I leave the club with no hard feelings whatsoever.”

NRL.com revealed on February 15 that Suli was on the outer at the Bulldogs, which was refuted at the time by other media outlets.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.
This site uses XenWord.